No products in the basket.
Repiderma Spray (Single) For Digital Dermatitis
£10.44 Prices include VAT.
Repiderma spray is a multi-purpose aerosol spray with true sticking properties. It is non-antibiotic so it reduces antibiotic resistance in your herd. This makes treatments more effective, and it is also suitable for organic herds. It is ideal for applying on its own for small, early stage digital dermatitis lesions.
What is Digital Dermatitis in Cattle
According to the National Animal Disease Information Service (NADIS), Digital dermatitis is ‘an infectious condition of the foot caused by bacteria’.
Digital dermatitis is a lesion which you will find at the back of the hoof. It is very easy to identify because it is a large growth. It is more common in wet weather when cattle are indoors.
These lesions can appear like ulcers or warts and are otherwise known as strawberry-like lesions just above the heels in cattle. It is highly infectious and can cause extreme pain and discomfort.
Digital dermatitis can limit intake and reduce performance. If left untreated, it can eventually cause extreme lameness and lack of mobility in cattle.
How to Treat Digital Dermatitis in Cattle
The best way to deal with digital dermatitis is to prevent it with regular footbathing. However, if it is affecting your cattle, the best way to treat it is to spot it early and respond with effective topical treatments, like Repiderma.
Some key treatment recommendations:
- Parlour spot-spraying- In this case you should identify cows with large lesions, low pressure spray their feet, and treat with Repiderma spray in the parlour
- You may find that cows with extreme lesions should be drafted, cleaned and bandaged for 3 days with Intra Hoof Fit gel
- If digital dermatitis is widespread, the most suitable course of action to manage the infection may be to spray all cattle with spray liquid in the parlour
Find out more here on preventing Digital Dermatitis.
How does Repiderma work?
Repiderma penetrates the lesion and treats from the inside out. Within a short time the lesion will turn black and begin to heal. In extreme cases it can be applied as a base before Intra hoof fit gel for maximum results.
The spray will act as a quick penetration, while the gel will follow in thick concentration for maximum healing. It is extremely quick and easy to apply, with proven results. Features include:
- Skin protection spray
- Active on, under and within the skin
- Micronized minerals: optimum absorption into the skin
- Effective against digital dermatitis (mortellaro)
- Copper and zinc properties for enhanced sticking and penetration properties
Why Choose Repiderma Spray?
The main reason to choose Repiderma is because it is effective in treating digital dermatitis. However, there are many other reasons for selecting this spray:
- The spray product is ideal for smaller lesions and those with only mild irritation – you can keep it on hand in the parlour and spray as needed (Intra Hoof-Fit gel is recommended for larger lesions)
- It is non-antibiotic so it reduces antibiotic resistance in your herd.
- Because it is a non-antibiotic, this makes it suitable for organic herds.
- It is ideal for applying on its own for small, early stage digital dermatitis lesions.
- It is easy to apply which makes it faster at treating your cattle
Repiderma spray is the only aerosol the EkoHoofcare trimming team use. We prefer it for its convenience and for its effectiveness. We recommend shaking the can well before use, and applying 15cm (the length of the can) from the site.
Available singularly and also in packs of 12 for price discounts