No products in the basket.
IntraHoof-fit Gel Pot with Brush (Single)
£18.94 Prices include VAT.
IntraHoof-fit Gel Pot with Brush (Single) is a multi-purpose gel with true sticking properties. It is non-antibiotic so it reduces antibiotic resistance in your herd. This makes treatments more effective, and it is also suitable for organic herds.
What is Digital Dermatitis in Cattle
According to the National Animal Disease Information Service (NADIS), Digital dermatitis is ‘an infectious condition of the foot caused by bacteria’.
Digital dermatitis is a lesion found at the back of the hoof. It is very easy to identify because it is a large growth. It is more common in wet weather when cattle are indoors.
These lesions can appear like ulcers or warts and are otherwise known as strawberry-like lesions just above the heels in cattle. It is highly infectious and can cause extreme pain and discomfort.
Digital dermatitis can limit intake and reduce performance. If left untreated, it can eventually cause extreme lameness and lack of mobility in cattle.
How to Treat Digital Dermatitis in Cattle
The best way to deal with digital dermatitis is to prevent it with regular footbathing. However, if it is affecting your cattle, the best way to treat it is to spot it early and respond with effective topical treatments, like Intra Hoof Fit Gel.
Some key treatment recommendations:
- Parlour spot-spraying- In this case cows with lesions should be identified, their feet low pressure sprayed, and treated with Repiderma Aerosol spray in the parlour
- You may find that cows with extreme lesions should be drafted, cleaned and bandaged for 3 days with Intra Hoof Fit gel
- If digital dermatitis is widespread, the most suitable course of action to manage the infection may be to spray all cattle with spray liquid in the parlour
Find out more here on preventing Digital Dermatitis.
How Does IntraHoof-fit Gel Pot with Brush (Single)Work?
Intra Hoof Fit Gel is ideal for applying to large digital dermatitis lesions. Its thick concentration clings to the site and penetrates the wound for rapid healing. It is especially effective when used in association with Vet Set bandages for 3 to 4 days. It is extremely quick and easy to apply, with proven results. Features include:
- Skin protection gel
- Active on, under and within the skin
- Micronized minerals: optimum absorption into the skin
- Effective against digital dermatitis (mortellaro)
- Copper and zinc properties for enhanced sticking and penetration properties
Why Choose Intra Hoof Fit Gel?
Intra Hoof Fit Gel is the only gel the EkoHoofcare trimming team use. We prefer it for its convenience and for its effectiveness. The most effective way to use it on digital dermatitis is to double over a bandage about the width of the tub. Then apply a generous amount to the centre of the doubled bandage, and lightly bandage the lesion with little pressure. Always remove after 3 to 4 days.
Intra Hoof Fit Gel is available singularly and also in packs of 12 for price discounts. Also available in gel tubes for reduced mess and waste in application.
To contact us for advice on the best digital dermatitis treatment products for your herd, please call us on 087 0900360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org